I made it home safely from my trip! Last night was no fun though. My flight from St Louis to Denver was delayed by an hour, and then we sat on the little plane for 30-40 minutes with no air waiting for whatever they were doing. Keila was getting cranky and we were all getting sweaty. Then because I knew I was barely going to make my flight if we left before sitting on the plane for that long, I broke down and started crying. I didn't want to miss my next flight and stay overnight in Denver! Plus, Keila was getting so agitated and started crying, and I was sitting next to this really weird guy...(I was able to switch to an open row I spotted after we took off.) After I fed Keila to get her to stop crying, She did really well and fell asleep, so I was able to read during the rest of the flight. I was also praying that the next flight would be delayed even more than was. We neared Denver, and I asked what time it was to see if I might make my flight...I had about 20 minutes and we had just started our final descent...that means I wouldn't make it.
My next flight to Portland was supposed to leave at 9:53, and when we landed it was 10:00 or so. I was texting my mom and Jared and telling them what was going on. They were trying to check the status of my flight and were telling me different things about it. I heard that it should already be out on the runway, and then I heard it just got delayed until 10:45. I decided to call Jared and ask him because I was so confused! When I finally got off the plane, I went to the desk outside of our gate, and asked the guy about my flight. At first he said it was gone, and then he said, "Oh, no. It's still here. Gate 22 leaving at 10:45. I will call them and tell them you are your way." I couldn't believe it! I was 60 gates away from making my flight going home!!! AND, my prayers were answered!!! Thank you Jesus!
Now all I had in front of me was a REALLY long walk from gate 82 to gate 22. I was so glad that this airport had those moving walking things because it helped a lot! I made it to the gate with them half-way through seating people and almost out of breath. Plus, this next flight was a lot bigger and had more room. Also, I had to pee so bad!! I had to wait until we took off though. Keila also needed a new diaper and to be fed, so I went ahead and fed her before take-off and changed her after I went to the bathroom. I was so glad to be on my way home and to see Jared.
Everything about my trip was fun. I saw a lot of family and relaxed. I can now say that I have been to 18 states...I thought it would just be 17, but we drove through Illinois to get to Missouri, so it's 18!
On a happy happy note, my cousin and his wife just had their baby over the weekend! It was a girl who they named Hazel May. I can't wait to see her!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
I'm home and Congrats!
Posted by Mlynczyk at 8:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment