So Keila had her Doctor appointment yesterday. She is measuring in the 75th percentile for her weight and height still, so that is good. Her head is still in the 55th percentile, so yet again, that is good. She is 26.5 inches long, 17lbs 7.8oz, and her head is about 17 inches around.
She is almost done with all of her shots that she needs until she is a year old. I have been doing a delayed vaccination route...so that means she only gets 2 at a time every month. Instead of 4 or 5 every other month. I have also chosen not to do any combo vaccines...where they combinemore than one vaccine into one (like combining chickenpox with MMR, called ProQuad). Sometimes they will combine just two shots and sometimes 3. These are the shots that some studies say can trigger autism. I have read a tiny bit about them and just don't like the added stuff (i.e. mercury levels) that some of them have. So she goes in for her last 2 next month until she is a year old. How exciting! She actually does really well with shots...well atleast I think so. I try to distract her with a toy. I don't know if it really helps or not, but she doesn't cry very much, and last month didn't really cry at all.
Other good news is that she has started eating cereal, and I will be starting a veggie possibly Sunday. She does really well while eating, and thinks it must be pretty cool because she smiles and laughs at me while I am trying to feed her. It only makes me laugh because it is usually right after I give her a bite, so it all comes out of her mouth.
I can't believe she is 6 months old!
Friday, April 3, 2009
6 Month Appointment....and sleeping problems
Posted by Mlynczyk at 9:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment