CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Sunday, August 16, 2009

No More Pacifier

So now that Keila is weaned from breast milk, I am taking her pacifier away. I never wanted to use one in the first place...and then when I started using one I wasn't planning on using it this long. So in my mind it is overdue to be taken away. Plus, I have Jared home for a little while longer to help. She also only ever got her pacifier when it was nap or bedtime. She is doing perfectly fine during the day with no pacifier, but bedtime is a little harder. She has been going to sleep the past couple nights, but then is waking up a handful of times....once every hour or so for the first few hours. Last night was way worse. She woke up once an hour until 3:30, and then was wide awake so by 4:30ish I left her in her crib, turned down the monitor a little, and then went to sleep. She wasn't really crying that much, but then I woke up at around 5:30 and she was crying and really sad. I felt so bad and tired. She was almost hysterical crying and nothing was going to console her :(. So what was a tired mom to do with a baby who wouldn't stop crying?? Give in and give her a pacifier of course! Ooops. I think she was also very cold last night...I tried to cover her with her blanket, but she kicks it off. Anyway, she passed out in may arms and out came the pacifier once she was asleep (she spit it out, which is what usually happens). I was just so tired and wanted to have some consistent sleep!

So she is her normal happy self this morning. I even got a comment from the church nursery person that she is the happiest baby he has ever seen...

I really feel bad that she cried for so long last night. But what am I supposed to do? I would love it if she would just fall asleep when she got tired of crying, but now that she cna sit up, she wont lay herself back down in her crib. Annoying, huh?

So that is what is going on right now. I am so tired that I might even take a nap today.

0 comments: