CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

38 weeks and...

Last night after dinner I started having a lot of pain. Talked to my doula friend Caylan who advised me of some things to try and relieve pain, or see if it would stop, and it wouldn't. So I talked to Jared and we decided to go the hospital near where we live. I also called and talked to the On-call Dr and she thought it was a good idea to at least get checked.

So I went and got checked. I was contracting about every 2 minutes and was 1 cm 75% effaced. When I first got to the hospital, I was in constant pain that finally turned into separate contractions that I could feel by the time I left. I didn't dilate anymore while I was there, so I went on home still contracting and very tired! It was past my bedtime :). I was able to sleep for about 3 hours until I woke up to pee...then I couldn't go back to sleep because of the contractions. They were still a few minutes apart, but a little stronger then when I went to sleep.

So after Jared woke up, we decided it would be a good idea to drive down to Eugene and see my Dr and for me to stay down there until I deliver. I called the Dr on the way down and she wanted me to come in as soon as we got to Eugene to get checked again. So as of 10:00 I am 1.5 cm dilated, very very thin and soft and the head is very very low. I am still contracting regularly. She says I am in early labor and because it is my first it is just taking longer to progress...but she thinks it will be within the next day or so that she is here!

So I will rest a little bit if I can at my dad's, then go walking and whatever else might help! Exciting!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oh how exciting!!!!! I can't wait to see pictures....hang in there and remember the pain won't last forever!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I bet you'll have her really soon! I can't wait to hear her name!
-Annette