So I didn't know that I should introduce a bottle to Keila so early. I was told this past week...and read somewhere...that you should introduce a bottle between 2-6 weeks for them to get used to. I guess after that it is harder to get them to take a bottle. I bought these really cool Adiri brand bottles that we tried for a couple days, but I don't think she opens her mouth wide enough to get that milk right. It ends up spilling out more that going into her mouth. If I would've given it to her earlier, she might've had a better time. So I had a Playtex Vent-air bottle that we gave her tonight, and she did a much better job and ate almost 4 oz, but I think it might've been a little too much because after Jared burped her, she spit up...lol. So I think we will be okay with bottles, but they need to have the conventional mouth/nipple because she doesn't open her mouth very wide. She took the bottle a lot easier tonight and is getting used to it.
That is what we have been going through this past week...so much fun!!
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Bottle...fuuuun
Posted by Mlynczyk at 7:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope giving you adivice as a fellow mom dosen't frustrate you. But i just wanted to let you know that If you plan on Breastfeeding you should try and do that as long as you can without the bottle. It may cause troubles with you later on if breastfeeding is something you would like to keep doing. They tend to like the bottle so much that they wean them self's off the breast.I understand that your hubby may want to help and that there are times where it could be eaiser to just give her a bottle.I found that with my son doing both, even not very often, got to be very frustrating on me because I wanted to breastfeed until he was a year old and I didn't get to. He weaned himself off at 7 months.Plus there is nothing to say that if you don't start now it won't happen. with glenn we tried at 3 months and it was fine, and sometimes you just have to try a few differant brands of bottles before you find the right one. Glenn Did the same thing, with the leaking out the mouth thing with a certin bottle and always did it no matter how many times we tried. We just had to try another bottle. Well I hope you find what is best.
That's funny I had the opposite problem as your first commenter, both my kids stopped taking the bottle when I was only giving it to them once a week so I was going to give the opposite advice of keeping them familiar with the bottle so they don't get too picky and only take the breast. Guess you'll have to see what works for your family.
Post a Comment